"Your body is the first thing any child of man ever wanted. Therefore dispose yourself to be loved, to be wanted, to be available. Be there for them with a vengeance. Be a gracious, bending woman. Incline your ear, your heart, your hands to them.... To be a Mother is to be the sacrament - the effective symbol - of place. Mothers do not make homes, they are our home." from Bed and Board, Robert Farrar Capon

Friday, December 2, 2011

Hot Chocolate on a Stick


My sister-in-law Susie sent me this link.  She thought it would be a great project for moms and little kids to do together.  Scrumptious too!  I am really going to have to do it one of these crispy cold afternoons. 


It's basically, well, what the name says, hot chocolate on a stick!

You can find out all about how to do it *here*.

Who doesn't love a good cup of hot chocolate to cozy up with on a bleak winter day?

(My translation of the sentence above - what child doesn't love to cozy up with a good cup of  h.c. while watching mom scrub all the chocolate off the stove-top, pans, sink, counters, chairs, fingers, and floor afterwards.  Hey, just the price of being a fun mom once in a while, ya know? Me all the way.  Cough... :)




4 comments:

  1. Leah, you have such a pessimistic perspective.
    Maybe an idea would be to limit your stove cleaning to once a week. Then it won't be such a big deal and they could have hot chocolate every morning.
    Cheer up! Its suppose to be fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look scrumptious! Since my girls aren't old enough for cocoa yet I'd better hold off on buying all those special chocolates. They'd probably never make to the cocoa stage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Trish. I go through withdrawals if my stove top and counters aren't glistening before I go to bed.
    I remember once being at your house and seeing your girls sitting at the counter sipping tea out of little tea cups, which, you informed me, they had been slowly sipping at in between playing dolls for hours. I remember shaking my head in disbelief and awe. How does she do it??? That would drive me nuts, all that tea stuff siting out on the counter all afternoon! But I thought, okay, from now on I'm going to try to be a nice, fun mom like Trish. And hey, I'm getting "funner" don't ya think? Just a little? Hmmm? :D
    Hey, at least I've always got yummy food around here for me and the kids. You see, I also go through withdrawals if I don't have some kind of fresh homemade baked good in the cookie jar or on the bread board to munch on every afternoon. So that sorta puts me a few notches up the fun scale too. At least I flatter myself that it does. :P

    (Besides what are you doing up at 6:00 am on a Saturday morning???)

    I know Mary - there must be sufficient munchers in the house or good treats can be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking I should get one of your cookie recipes.
    It seems like you do a lot of different kinds. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete